Emails not delivered from external senders. | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Emails not delivered from external senders.

• Hello experts,

users have started to notcie that there are no emails delivered from external senders for about 1-2 days now. The internal emails are fine. Also users can send email with no issues..

My troublshooting so far:

• I've tried to send an email from external addres and was not delivered - I have not received any error message or NDR email at all.
    • the email was sent from O365 and when I performed message trace, it is showing as delivered there
    • I've checked the MDaemon logs (the file marked as "all") and have not seen any log about the mail I've sent

There was no change to DNS etc... so not sure what could happen.

Any advise what could be causing this please?

•  

Does the message trace from the sender show the IP the message was delivered to?  Is it the public IP address for your server?

Do other inbound SMTP sessions show up in MDaemon's logs?

Is MDaemon configured to listen on port 25 or is port 25 being redirected to MDaemon?

Does www.mxtoolbox.com show any errors for your domain?

Can you send a test message to domain-test@mdaemon.com? Did you receive a response back?

• Hi Arron,

From now, it looks like the emails do not reach the mdeamon server for some reason... not sure why as nothing has changed over the weekend....

With regards to your tips:

• I've requested full report of email trace - will be available a bit later today so I can see the entire path of the email hopefully... Will update you here then
    • nope.. no info about those emails anywhere... Pls correct me if I'm wrong, but the file "all" should include all the logs? Just want to confirm this as I'm using it when I try to search for issues...
    • about port - will check... but there was no change... so it should be not a problem
    • mxtoolbox looks ok
    • is that "domain-test@mdaemon.com" an internal mail address I can use to test mailfow with mdeamon? Or is it a public test email for mdaemon pls?

UPDATE:

...I've just tried that test domain from my laptop.... interresting, good to know about this feature :).... 

Btw, the emails started to being recieved... looks like... after several hours. I will be doing some more research on this...

• The all log should contain everything, but there are some options that might limit the data.  Make sure you have log detailed mail sessions enabled (Setup / Server Settings / Logging / Log Mode).

Also make sure you have the option enabled to log SMTP activity, screening activity, dns block list activity, and SMTP probes  (Setup / Server Settings / Logging / Settings).

domain-test@mdaemon.com is an account running on our server that collects data about email security setup for your domain and sends the information back to you.  

Do you have antivirus software or anything else running on the machine that is listening on port 25 or may be trying to listen on port 25?  If you do, and its supposed to be accepting the mail and passing it on to MDaemon, what do the logs for the other service show is happening?