using spamhas 'Data Query Service’ in MDaemon seems to have negative results? | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

using spamhas 'Data Query Service’ in MDaemon seems to have negative results?

• It seems in order to use the DQS service you need to disable most is not all of the anti spam services including gralisting, I have followed verbaitum 

- DQS spamhaus setup guide

- MDaemon Security settings

I assume im doing somthing wrong, as this is the best result I get, if I disable gray listing and any spam lists, contry to the mdaemon recomendations above.

Am I missing somthing or are my expections too high?

• You do not have to disable any other services. 

The test you are running is checking to see if messages are blocked when they match certain rules for the DQS service.  MDaemon's implementation uses scoring in SpamAssassin.  So when a rule is matched, points are added to the spam score. MDaemon by default does not reject messages just based on matching a rule for the DQS service.  The only time a message will be blocked is if the score exceeds the threshold that you have configured.  So if you have a rule that you want to cause a message to be rejected, set the score for rule to be higher than the reject threshold you have configured.  

While other antispam features can impact whether a message is accepted or not, they do not directly impact the result of using the DQS service.  The use of the DQS service only requires spam filtering using spamassassin and a license from Spamhaus.

If you want to see if the DQS service is working and impacting messages, you'll need to search your inbound SMTP log for the names of the rules the DQS service uses.  Many, but not all of the rule names, start with SH_.  So if you search your inbound SMTP log for SH_ you should see some matches and points being applied to the spam score.

• Hi Arron, Thanks for the expalaintion, I go though it later as soon as soon as I have some time. I'm most intrested in makeing sure '-ehlo' works.

• Hello, if we enable the paid versión of "Hash Blocklist" dataset in spamhaus, will mdaemon benefit from it?

Thanks.

• @Reuben Yes

• An Update and Positive Experience with MDaemon

I'm pleased to provide an update regarding the recent changes implemented by Spamhas. Their efforts have left me quite impressed. I can confirm that the DQS services not only functions but works exceptionally well without requiring any disabling of security, antivirus, or spam settings.

In just a few days of use, I've noticed a remarkable improvement in performance. While it's still early days, the progress looks very promising. Now, my focus can shift towards addressing any remaining webmail speed issues.

The decision to return to MDaemon has been a rewarding one. The combination of Autodiscover functionality, efficient spam management, and exceptional real-time diagnostics, all built on a foundation of rock-solid stability and performance, has truly made working with MDaemon a pleasure.

It's an approach that makes sense. Having used Icewarp and Exchange for several years, I find it refreshing to be back with MDaemon. Although no platform is flawless, MDaemon stands out as the best mail platform I've encountered in my 30+ years of experience. The added features further enhance its value, and I appreciate that MDaemon doesn't compromise its core system to sell these additional features. This is just another factor that sets them apart from the competition.

Test results

• We are getting this error when trying to check the config: "Unexpected exception: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 28: invalid continuation byte"

Maybe it's a problem with the Spanish MDaemon version

• DNS Server is also reporting query errors:

<Image removed>

• @Reuben That test is part of spamhaus' website and is not a bug in MDaemon.  You'll want to report it to spamhaus so they can correct it.

I hope you have obfuscated the data you have posted, if not, you'll want to request a new key from spamhaus.

The DNS logs show that you are getting errors when you are querying the hash block list data.  Did you sign up for this feature with spamhaus?  If you have not, then your queries to the hash block list will be blocked.