Participant Added To Meeting In Activesync Client | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Participant Added To Meeting In Activesync Client

• Hi, I've just been advised by some of our users of an issue that's been "happening for a long time". Very intermittantly we're having a participant added to a meeting on Activesync devices. For example "Bob" creates a meeting in Outlook (2019 with MDaemon Connection 7.0.7) and invites "John" and "Sarah". The meeting is created ok and looks fine in Outlook but out of nowhere "David" is added to the participant list on his iPhone. I checked and confirmed "David" is not on the ACL for "Bob's" calendar in MDaemon.

We're currently on MDaemon 23.5.0RC1 but if the users are to be believed it goes back to at least 23.0.2.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks

Chris

• Hello,

If Bob logs into webmail, is David on the Calendar?  

Does David get added immediately after the meeting is created or does it take some time?

Do John and Sarah also see David as an attendee of the meeting?  If they check their calendar in webmail, does David show as an attendee of the meeting?

Please enable ActiveSync's XML logging for Bob, David, John and Sarah by going to Accounts / Edit Account / Select the Account / OK / ActiveSync / Client Setting, check the box for Archive Transactions as XML and then click OK.  You'll need to repeat this for each user.

This will enable XML logging for ActiveSync, it will log all ActiveSync requests and responses for that user account.  These XML logs will include any data that is ent back and forth between the device and the server, including messages, meeting invties, etc.  There will be a large number of files generated, 1 for each request nad 1 for each response.  Once we finish troubleshooting this issue, you'll want to turn this logging back off and delete the log files.

The next time this occurs, please zip all of your MDaemon logs and send them to me including all of the XML logs found in the MDaemon\Logs\AirSync directory.  I'll also need to know the email addresses of the users involved as well as what email clients each one uses.