(Hosted) Securty Gateway & DQS | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

(Hosted) Securty Gateway & DQS

• I've read a little about Spamhaus Data Query Service (DQS) when I was upgrading our MDaemon to 23.0.2 couple of months ago and 23.5 introduction email reminded me of this yesterday.

Since we are using Hosted Security Gateway in front of our MDaemon, I was wondering if DQS will be implemented in SG (no mention of it in SG Manual) and, eventually, utilised by HSG.

Having DQS in HSG and in on-premise MDaemon would be kind of an overkill, right?

Thank you

• DQS is being implemented in the SecurityGateway which is currently in beta.  If you'd like to sign up for the beta program, please go to https://mdaemon.com/pages/beta-program.

If all external mail is processed by SecurityGateway before it is delivered to MDaemon, and DQS is implemented in SecurityGateway, there should be no need to also implement it in MDaemon.  If its possible for mail to bypass SecurityGateway and be delivered directly to MDaemon, then implementing DQS in both places might be preferred.

• Thanks for the info Arron
    As I've mentioned above, we are using your Hosted Security Gateway service, so no on-premise SG.
    Yes, all of our external email traffic is routed via HSG, so I was wondering if DQS, once implemented in SG and present in HSG, will be active for user accounts or will that be handled in some other way?

• At this time, our hosted offering has not purchased the license to use the DQS service from Spamhaus.  If you'd like to use DQS now, you should implement it in your MDaemon.

• I understand

Thank you Arron