Archiving & Spam | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Archiving & Spam

• I'm confused about message archiving.

I've got SG setup to Archive all emails.

Yet, when I go look at message logs and see some that was delivered, I click on Spam and it tells me that 0 messages were learned because the content is not available.

Some emails are archived, but seldom ones I want to learn as spam.

If I search the Message Archive, it's there and I can view it.  I want to have it learned as Spam, but am not sure how to do that.

Is there something else I need to do?

• John,

The "Spam" button cannot currently search the message archive. You would need to download the message from the archive view and then forward it as an attachment to the spam learning address.

That said, it should be smart enough to search the message archive.  This functionality is on the wish list and I will increase the number of requests.  I am hoping to be able to implement it for the next major release.

• Okay, thanks for the explanation.  SG is not nearly as effective on my client's system as it was on mine and I'm trying to figure out why.

• @John enable the Spamhaus DNSBL and URIBL hosts if their volume of messages is eligiable to use the free public servers.  I would need examples of false negatives in order to make any other recomendations.

• Thanks Matthew, If I remember right, spamhaus blocks us and I didn't quite know how to setup MD to use them.

I might email you with some samples and logs.