Inbox problem cleaning | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Inbox problem cleaning

• It is not uncommon for POP3 clients to delete messages from the server after the client has downloaded them.  If you'd like you can send the logs to me privately, arron.caruth@mdaemon.com, and I'll take a look.  Please let me know which accounts have missing messages.

• The POP3 log shows there are POP3 clients that are deleting messages from the server.  I can't tell from the log if that is the cause of the issue you are describing.  

Check the POP3 log for the "Authenticated as" line for each session.  Are these the user accounts that are having issues with messages dissappearing?  If they are, then change the clients to use IMAP, or configure them to leave messages on the server.  Using IMAP would be the preferred approach.

• @Arron
    "Check the POP3 log for the "Authenticated as" line for each session"

Where can I find this?

• Tomorrow I'll tell you if they are exactly those users.

• Open the POP3 log in a text editor such as Notepad++, and go to Search / Find.  In the Find What field enter Authenticated as.  Then click Find All in Current File.  It will give you a list of all lines that contain Authenticated As and make it much easier to scroll through the lines.

• Thank you very much friend, I think I just found the problem thanks to your help. Apparently it is the Outlook client that has configured in the account options that messages are deleted from the system. I send you a screenshot

• I'm going to continue monitoring the inbox for those accounts anyway. Thank you so much. Excellent work

• Great! Let us know if you are still having issues.

• @Arron Hello, good afternoon friend. How can I export messages from Outlook inbox to worldclient inbox?

• @Arron rather. Synchronize them so that messages with the same dates are kept.

• If the messages are currently in Outlook, configure Outlook to connect to MDaemon via IMAP.  Then copy the messages to the Inbox of the IMAP account.  This will upload copies of the messages to the server.

Another option would be to get a Powershell script from us that uses Redemption, https://www.dimastr.com/redemption/home.htm, to extract messages from PST files into a format that can be copied into MDaemon's mailbox directories.  Copying the files using IMAP is a much less complex solution, but can be very time consuming if you need to do it for a lot of accounts.  

Both methods will maintain the Date header in the message but the created and modified date/time stamp on the files will get set to the date/time that the file is created.  You can use Powershell to adjust the created and modified timestamps as needed.

• 2 / 2