Sorting folders in the web interface | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Sorting folders in the web interface

• Hello.
    When
    creating folders in other languages, they are encoded and have, for example, the form "&BBoEPgQ9BEIEMAQ6BEIESw-.IMAP".
    Automatic folder sorting is enabled in the web interface by default. But folders are sorted relative to the encoded name, not the alphabet in which they are entered.
    It turns out that the sorting is not alphabetical. Tell me if it is possible to set up sorting according to the desired alphabet.
    Or disable automatic sorting in the web interface.

• Currently, webmail is not sorting the folder list other than setting the location special folders such as Inbox, Sent Items, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes. 

We will look into adding the ability to control the order they are displayed for a future version.

There are a couple of things that you can do right now that may help. 

Use the Favorite folders section as it allows users to set the order folders are displayed. 

You can adjust the position of a folder in the list by adjusting the name.  The folders are presented in the same order that Windows Explorer shows them when they are sorted by name in ascending order.  If a folder name starts with a special charater, they are shown first, then numbers, then ascii characters in alphabetical order. 

In the case of encoded folder names, they all start with an & on disk.  But if you put a special chracter, ascii character, or a number at the beginning of the folder name, those characters will not be encoded and the folders location will be controlled by that character. 

Here is an screen shot of some test folders that I created showing a couple options for forcing folders to be in different locations.   

• Thanks.

Sorting by numbers also does not work correctly, it sort by one character, not by an integer (1,10,100,2,3...).

I hope in the new versions you will improve the sorting by numbers and alphabet and/or add a manual folder sorting function.

• We don't have control over the order the folders are returned by the operating system.  In the little bit of testing we did, we can see there is some variation.  

The best way I found to get numbers to sort numerically was to pad the numbers with leading zeros and force all the numbers to be the same number of digits.  So if you wanted the highest value to be 100, you would start with 001, 002, 003, ..., 010, 011, ..., 099, 100.