outbound mail copied in #Not_is_spam folder | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

outbound mail copied in #Not_is_spam folder

• Hello

We have Mdaemon 23.5.2, but this behaviour happens from 23.5.1 at least.

I have a user that when he send a mail to any account out of our domain, the mail is copied in the non-spam public folder (is also correctly copied in the sent folder).

Of course, the user doesn't copy manually the mails into non-spam folder.

I'm not sure if every mail to external account is copied in that folder, but up to now, every mail which we have checked is copied there. But the mails deliver to our local domain not been copied to that folder.

I've checked the rules in the system content filter and also the filter rules in the account of this user. But I don't understand how is possible this copy.

I've checked the Mdaemon-content-filter logs, Mdaemon-routing logs and Mdaemon-all logs, but I haven't found any clue to the behavior.

He is the only one with this behabior. He uses worldclient to manage the mail.

How can I avoid this copy of outbound mails into non-spam folder?

Thanks

• In the MDaemon.ini file, add the following in the [SpamFilter] section:

UpdateHamFolderOutbound=No

Save the file and restart MDaemon.  Are outbound messages still being copied to the non-spam folder?

• @Arron 

Hello

I've added this line in [SpamFilter] section and then I've restarted Mdaemon. After the user has sent a mail from this account, and the mail is copied in non-spam folder again.

I want to remark that this behaviour only appear with this user. The rest of users, at the moment, haven't this problem.

Thanks

• Can you upload a copy of the hiwater.mrk from the user's mailbox and a copy of the User.ini file from the WC directory in the user's mailbox?

Also a copy of all the logs from MDaemon and webmail that include the time period when a message was sent by the user and it ended up in the non spam folder? Also, if you could include details such as the user that sent the message, the address the message was sent to, along with the approximate time it was sent that would be helpful.

You can upload the data to https://mdaemon.sharefile.com/r-r77d4332c21ab4a28afe9e84ea94e2f3c

• @Arron
    I'd just uploaded the hiwater.mrk, user.ini and log files that include the time period when the message md5001000001453.msg was sent: 23:05 h. in local time. I'd also uploaded the file md5001000001453.msg of the example message copied to #No_es_Spam (the non-spam folder)

The user is tesoreria@aytocuellar.es

The example message sent is md5001000001453.msg (this is the copy in non-spam folder). Its values are:

To: misc@colenda.es
    Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 23:05:10 +0100

I hope this information will be which you need. I you need more information, please, ask to me for it.

Best regards

• Does the same thing happen if the user sends a message from an IMAP client?  

• @Arron 

Yes, when I sent from an IMAP client, also the mail is copied on non-spam folder

• Can you zip all the .dat and .ini files in the MDaemon\app directory and upload them to me?

https://mdaemon.sharefile.com/r-r77d4332c21ab4a28afe9e84ea94e2f3c

• @Arron 

Hello

I'd just uploaded the files which you've asked to me

• Edit the MDaemon\App\Cfilter.ini file and change the UpdateHamFolder=Yes in the [SpamFilter] section to be No.

[SpamFilter]
    UpdateHamFolder=No

Save the file and restart MDaemon.  Do you still have the same issue?

• Hello

Yes, now the outbound mails aren't copied into non-spam folder.

But I don't understand because the issue happens only with this user and does not happens with the rest of users. I think this change of UpdateHamFolder directive is general for Mdaemon, isn't it?

Must I delete the UpdateHamFolderOutbound=No directive in Mdaemon.ini?

Thank you very much

• How are the other users sending mail?  When I was testing with the App directory that you provided, I was able to reproduce the issue with other accounts when sending from webmail.  I didn't test any other way.

No, there is no need to delete UpdateHamFolderOutbound=No.

• @Arron 

The most of users use webmail, only two users use imap client (thunderbird).

No other user, but "tesoreria" user, had the issue.

• I can't explain why you were not seeing the issue with other users on your server.  If you start seeing the issue again, please let us know.

• @Arron 

Ok, I'll do it

Thanks you very much for your support

Best regards