Opposite of MultiPOP? | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Opposite of MultiPOP?

• Is there a feature in MDaemon that performs a function that is the exact opposite of MultiPOP?

I mean, I create a rule with the Content Filter Editor to move an outbound message to a custom queue then I make it send the very message using MultiPOP credentials?

• I can't think of a way to use the credentials configured for MultiPOP for an account, but you can configure Host Authentication (Setup / Server Settings / Host Authentication).  Enter the Host Name, AUTH Logon, AUTH Password, and Port.  Any time MDaemon tries to send a message to that host, it will use the Logon, Password, and Port configured.

https://help.mdaemon.com/mdaemon/en/host_authentication.html

• Thank you, @Arron

That works and I honestly hadn't thought of that!

However, the 'From' header in the message remains that of the user who sent the message within Mdaemon, not that of the user who authenticated with the remote server.

• Host Authentication is not intended to change the From header.  If you want to alter the From header, you'll need to do it with the content filter.  

• Thank you, Arron, for the suggestion. That was the right path to take to achieve the desired result.

I wrote a rule in the CF that intercepts the message in the queue, passes it to an external command that manipulates the envelope, sends the modified message and finally deletes the original message.