MDeamon Outlook folders | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

MDeamon Outlook folders

• Hello, since moving from 1 computer to a new computer, I can no longer see my full subfolders / sub sub folders in Outlook. My old computer is showing all my folders but on the web mail / MDaemon server, it is not fully updated. All my emails within the subfolders that are missing, are still there, but in the inbox. The folders on the new computer match what is on the server, only half of the sub folders. ActiveSync and FolderSync are on but seem to be not working correctly. Is there anyway to fix this ?

• What type of account do you have configured in Outlook on your old computer? (POP3, IMAP, ActiveSync)

What type of account do you have conifgured in Outlook on your new computer?

It sounds like you were using POP3 and/or were moving messages to locally stored folders in Outlook.

• Aaron,

It is using ActiveSync on both devices. I checked the server, active sync and folder sync are enabled for this account. Created a test folder on the new computer, and it showed up on the server within a few minutes. 

• Created a test folder on the new computer, and it showed up on the server within a few minutes. 

If you move a message from the Inbox to the newly created test folder, is it moved on the server?

If you create a folder in your old Outlook is it created on the server?  

If you move messages in your old Outlook the way they have always been moved, are they moved on the server?

• Aaron,

If we file a email in the new folder on the new computer, it will show up on the server. 

If we create a new folder on the old computer, it will not show up on the server and if we move emails to it, it will not show up on the server and they will show in the inbox on the new computer / server. 

• There are a couple of options, depeending on what exactly is happening in the old Outlook.  If it is copying the messages to a local.PST file, we have a utility that can extract messages and the folders from PST files to the format required by MDaemon.   You'd then just need to copy the messages over to the mailbox on the server using Windows Explorer.  See below for the problem... 

Another options is to create an IMAP profile in Outlook on the old computer and copy the entire folder structure from its current location in Outlook, into the IMAP account. (You cannot do this using ActiveSync as the protocol does not offer a method for adding messages to the account) This will create the desired folder structurese in the Outlook mailbox and copy the messages to the desired folders. 

The problem with either of these two options is that the mailbox will then have 2 copies of each message that is copied over, the one in the Inbox and the one in the desired folder.  You would need to delete the messages from the Inbox to remove the duplicate and unless you could find some way to determine which messages were duplicates, (maybe you could tell based on date/time) it could be a lengthy manual process.

The only other option I see would be to create the desired folders in the new Outlook and move the messages to the desired locations.