Mail sent from different sender | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Mail sent from different sender

• Good morning everyone,
    i am having two problems with mdaemon connector and outlook.

the first problem is that with some email accounts the sender is automatically changed, for example if I reply to an email sent to sales@......... it is automatically replaced with info@....... . How come?

the second problem is that in some configurations the accented letters are replaced by pound signs or strange symbols or they are not displayed. for what reason?

connector version: 6.5.1 and .7.0.7

outlook version 2306 (16529.20182)

• @alvise 

1. Is the "User Name" field different from the "E-mail Address" field in the MDaemon Connector account settings?  Check the general tab.

2. This sounds like an encoding problem.  Is the sender adding any images or signatures or pasting data in the message?  Can the issue be reproduced sending a text only email with no signatures, insterted data, images, etc..?

• the username and email address in the account settings are the same, i'ts correct?

yes, usually there are signatures in the email, however i see the pound sign when i write lunedì martedì (i see the ì replaced by # or something other)

the email are set in HTML 

• @alvise

the username and email address in the account settings are the same, i'ts correct?

You may want to send a support ticket along with logs and examples of messages of this issue occurring so we can review this further.

https://mdaemon.com/pages/support-request-form

yes, usually there are signatures in the email, however i see the pound sign when i write lunedì martedì (i see the ì replaced by # or something other)

Are these occurring for brand new messages composed in Outlook or only with replies/forwards?  Is it all replies/forwards or only for certain recipients?  Perhaps the original email contains the encoding issue and when replying to is using your preferred character set is causing the encoding issue. 

Encoding issues can be tough to trouble shoot, but the first few things I check for are signatures that could break the encoding, any imbedded objects in the message (images, tables, etc..), or any kind of formatting changes made to text/fonts/etc... and try to rule out potential issues. 

• thank you, where can i find the logs?

Are these occurring for brand new messages composed in Outlook or only with replies/forwards?  Is it all replies/forwards or only for certain recipients?  Perhaps the original email contains the encoding issue and when replying to is using your preferred character set is causing the encoding issue. 

occurring in the new messages and in replies. I see that this problem happen randomly, sometimes if i create a new outlook profile the problem disappeared 

• @alvise 

The default logs directory would be \MDaemon\Logs off the directory where MDaemon is installed.  You can verify the directory path in the Setup > Server Settings > Logging > Log Mode menu.

https://help.mdaemon.com/mdaemon/en/log_mode.html