Automatic changes of theme in Worldclient | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Automatic changes of theme in Worldclient

• Hello

I upgraded Mdaemon to version 23.5.1 on December 4th. Since then some users are complaining about their  Worldclient themes are changed when they login into WorldClient.

For example, today two users had their themes changed when they have logged in when they started working. On last monday, they also found theirs themes changed and they changed them to their preferred theme.. But today the themes have been reset to "Pro" theme again.

This problem doesn't appear every day and neither affects to all users or the same users. The affected users have different preferred themes, they haven't the same theme.

Please, how can I fix this problem?

Best regards

• What version did you upgrade from?

when the user logs in and the theme changes, what theme was selected on the login page?

What does the webmail log show is happening when the user logs in and gets a different theme?

In MDaemon, what theme is configured under Setup / Web & IM Services / Webmail / Settings?

What theme is configured under Setup / Domain Mangaer / $Domain$ / Webmail?

In the MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini file, What values are set for Theme= and what sections are settings in?  

• @Arron 

Hi

What version did you upgrade from?

I upgraded from MDaemon PRO v23.5.0

when the user logs in and the theme changes, what theme was selected on the login page?

They talk to me about the login page was different from the habitual page from them, so I suppose that login page belong to the theme which changed at.

What does the webmail log show is happening when the user logs in and gets a different theme?

Sorry, what I should looking for in the webmail log?

In MDaemon, what theme is configured under Setup / Web & IM Services / Webmail / Settings?

I have "Style: WorldClient"

The field "Style" is empty

In the MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini file, What values are set for Theme= and what sections are settings in?  

I have:

[Default:UserDefaults]
    Theme=WorldClient

[my.domain:UserDefaults]
    Theme=Standard

Thanks

•  

When this occurs, is there a specific theme users are being changed to?  What theme is it?

They talk to me about the login page was different from the habitual page from them, so I suppose that login page belong to the theme which changed at.

Most likely what is happening is a different login page is being loaded, which would mean the Theme selection on the login page is probably also different.  The most likely reason this occurs is because the user changed to a different theme the last time they signed in, and then signed out. Please have users verify the theme they are logged in with prior to logging out, and have the users verify the correct theme is selected on the login page before clicking the button to login.  

Sorry, what I should looking for in the webmail log?

Login attempts when the user was logged into a different theme than they wanted.  My guess is that its going to show a different theme was selected than what they wanted.

It might also be helpful to see details from the user's previous session.  If you can send me a couple days of webmail logs along with details for a couple of users that had the issue in those days, I can look through the logs.

In the User.ini file found in the \MDaemon\Users\$DOMAIN$\$MAILBOX$\WC\ directory, what value is set for "Theme"?  

It is not going to fix your issue, but I'd suggest setting the Theme here to be your preferred theme.  The Standard theme is no longer available, which is why the field is blank.  

• Hello @Arron 

I'm sorry for my late reply, I have been very busy.

First, the problem was fixed when I installed the last version of Mdaemon Pro v23.5.2

The problem didn't associated to any concrete user. It affected to many users at the same time and the problem started with the installation of version 23.5.1.

The problem appeared with the users which hadn't the theme "Pro". Everyday they had to change the theme from "Pro" to theirs prefered theme. Even on the same day, after logout theirs session, they had to change again the theme if they login in worldclient later.

Anyway, as I said, the problem was resolved with the version 23.5.2

Best regards

• Thank you for letting us know that upgrading to MDaemon 23.5.2 fixed the issue.