Users or Aliases automatically added | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Users or Aliases automatically added

• Just setup SG for a client, they have a 12 User MD license and I got them a 12 user SG license.

There are only 10 active user accounts, some do have aliases, but I figured I'd leg Minger deal with those.

I exported accounts from MD and imported them into SG.

A few days later, the admin got a message saying there was 13 users and they had exceeded the license.  I diabled the "mdaemon" account and another one I don't remember.  Today he got the email saying that the user count had reached the maximum 12.  I looked and there are 3 accounts that were created or enabled: everyone, mdaemon and noreply.

I can't find these mentioned in the message log, why are they being created?

I've turned on the option to limit accounts to the license number of 12, but will that cause issues?

• John,

With SG 9.5, using the MD XML API to verify users is a better choice than Minger.  I believe that using it will resolve the issue with noreply and mdaemon being created.  Mailing list addresses do require a user license in SG.  As long as all valid mailboxes and mailing lists are accounted for, setting the option to limit the number of accounts should not cause an issue.

• Okay, thanks Matt