How to use noreply@<domain> account? | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

How to use noreply@<domain> account?

• Hi folks!

Seems like Mdaemon has reserved "noreply" account name for any domains. Is there any way to change this? I mean, I could name it no-reply etc but what if I want it to be exactly "noreply@<domain>"? if this account  already exists by default, how can I use it to send messages?

Thanks

• Seems like Mdaemon has reserved "noreply" account name for any domains. Is there any way to change this?

noreply@ is a reserved address and it cannot be changed.

if this account  already exists by default, how can I use it to send messages?

MDaemon will not accept mail from noreply@yourdomain.tld. You can use the content filter to change the value of the From, X-Envelope-From, and return-path headers of a message.    You could also use the RAW queue to send the message.

• Thanks,

so I can use no-reply@domain.com to send messages and a recipient will see it as noreply@domain.com?

• If you just want the recipient to see noreply@domain.com as the From address, you just need to use a content filter rule to change the From header.  If you want a message to actually come from noreply@domain.com then you need to also change the return-path and X-Envelope-From headers.  The address that was used to send the message doesn't matter, unless you are using it as a condition in the content filter rule.  

• thanks!

• Seems like outlook refused to receive email if I change FROM header, so it sees that it's different than original email address from which it was originated. Changing X-Envelope-From etc headers does not change From address field in the email client unfortunately. 

• What do the logs show is happening? 

What are you seeing in Outlook? 

How is Outlook configured to receive email? (IMAP, POP3, ActiveSync?)

What version of Outlook are you using?

What specifically do you mean by "refused to receive email?"  

Is Outlook collecting mail from the same MDaemon that changed the From header? 

Please post a copy of the content filter rule you are using from the MDaemon\app\cfrules.dat file.  

I setup a quick test with Outlook and it didn't have an issue retrieving a message from the server that had the From header altered by the content filter.  

Changing X-Envelope-From etc headers does not change From address field in the email client unfortunately. 

You are correct, changing the X-Envelope-From header of an outbound message will change the MAIL FROM value used during the SMTP session.  

• logs show that the message has been sent

nothing in outlook

IMAP

refused to receive email - I mean the message is sent from my server, nothing bouced back, but recipient is not receiving email if I modify From header in Mdaemon content filter settings.

yes, local mailboxes are receiving emails with modified From header!

• There could be any number of reasons why its not arriving in the recipients mailbox.  You'll have to figure out what the receiving server is doing with the message and why. 

• @Arron yeah, unfortunately Microsoft won't give me that information.