Antivirus Crashing | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Antivirus Crashing

• Hello,

Today, the antivirus starting to crash with almost every email.

I have enable SMS alerts and I am getting a lot of SMS:

Antivirus did not responding within expected time limit; CFEngine may have stopped responding; it will be stopped and restarted [EvProcess].

In the server there are errors in mail SMTP(in) Error or timeout during SpamFilter processing, or Error or timeout during inline virus scan.

I already restarted the server but still getting the errors.

Thanks

• @Abel We started getting the same issue at another client of ours this evening - we switched to CLAM AV from Cyren and its no longer crashing - Julian

(nothing else worked including updating, restarting) - suspecting bad defs for Cyren currently

• same here ceengine crashing trying switching to clamav thanks for the suggestion

• Julian, how did you switched? Also, it looks like we are using CLAM AV, because it is running in the task manager.

I tried to update but it says no updates.

Thank you!

• It seems that I am running both, CLAMAV and Cyren. I am going to investigate how to disable Cyren

• Abel - go into Security, Antivirus and check the Virus Scan Engines at the bottom.

(For this client, we had CYREN enabled - we unchecked this and checked CLAM AV) and restarted MDaemon - it then activated the plugin, I updated the CLAM AV defs in same area and it worked fine) - still running 20 mins later - mail sending fine again

So see if you have both CYREN and CLAMAV enabled - if you do uncheck CYREN and start / restart MD again.

• @Julian Thank you very much. I did that and seems to be ok now.

• Good to hear - I suspect a problem in the current Cyren AV defs

• It looks like there was a bad AV update release for Cyren that caused issues.  It has since been corrected.  If you are still having issues, make sure you are running the latest AV Updates.  If your MDaemon is crashing and you cannot force an update, just run AVupdate.exe in the MDaemon\SecurityPlus directory and manually do an update, then start MDaemon.

• Windows Server 2012 r2 std

After update KB5025285 and KB890830 antivirus crushing and deleting emails with attachments. I manual update AV (Definition version: 202304130515) - cant help

tempory switch off antivirus

• Our server is getting to much errors scanning through Antivirus.

Error or timeout during inline virus scan

I tried to disable ClamAV, Cyren and nothing helps

• Just now I disabled Cyren and it seems that errors stopped.  In the logs I can see this error with Cyren disabled.

Outbreak Protection Error: GeneralError: -1 - General failure occured

• After two hours with Cyren AV disabled it seems all is working now only with ClamAV enabled. I don't see in the logs more antivirus parsing errors and timeouts.

There is a solution for the Cyren AV errors?.

• It looks like A bad update was released yesterday. A number of updates were released but from the reports we have, the issues were not completely addressed until version 202304130734 of the virus definition. Please update to this version and let us know if you are still having issues.

• @Arron I just updated the Cyren Virus definitions running AVUpdate.exe to the version 202304131232 and no more errors showed in logs parsing through Antivirus Scanner. We have both antivirus enabled CyrenAV and ClamAV.