Content filter | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Content filter

• Hello!
    A question about the content filter. I want to set up a rule that, if the Subject field matches the specified value, replaces it.
    To do this, I add to the rule - "Search and replace within HEADER", by the "Subject" field.
    Everything works fine with the Latin alphabet.
    But the rule does not work with Cyrillic, that is, I set the condition for example by "123ы" - it does not work, if you look at the server logs, then there is a subject - "=?koi8-r?B?MTIz2Q==?=".
    I tried to set this value in the rule, it does not work.
    What should I set on the server? In what format?

• @Success 

The Search and Replace content filter action currently has issues with certain character sets. 

What exactly are you trying to do?  If you would like to replace the subject header with a custom subject header, you can use the "...if subject header contains" condition, then use the "DELETE a HEADER 1 from message" action, enter the Subject header to delete, then choose "Add an extra HEADER 1 to message," and add a new Subject header with the value "=?koi8-r?B?MTIz2Q==?=" in the field.  Meassages caught by this rule would see 123ы in the subject. 

• That's the problem "...if subject header contains condition"
    This condition does not work.
    For example, when sending an email from outlook, I put the subject "45ы" (contains Cyrillic).
    In mdaemon, I set the condition "if subject header contains 45ы" in the content filter.

If I do a rule trigger test on the server, everything works.
    But if you send an email with this subject, it does not work.

When processing a letter by the server, the subject was received in some other form.

• @Success 

Which version of MDaemon are you running?  Is this the English or Russian version of MDaemon?  

• @Tyler 

MDaemon 9.6.5, Russian version

• @Success 

Unfortunately, this version of MDaemon is no longer supported. 

https://mdaemon.com/pages/support-options#supported-products

MDaemon versions 18.0 and above are currently supported.  MDaemon has made numerous upgrades to the content filter since this version and I would recommend upgrading the software.  If you need assistance upgrading this version of MDaemon, please submit a support request in the link below.

https://mdaemon.com/pages/support-request-form

• @Tyler 

I wanted to be sure for sure that the email contains the right subject, so I tried to use "Search and replace within HEADER".
    Actions "DELETE a HEADER 1 from message", "Add an extra HEADER 1 to message," I saw them, but I didn't dare to use them. But after your mention of them, and considering that only one letter comes from a certain address and is intended for a certain addressee, there was no point in analyzing the topic, I took advantage of these actions, deleted the topic in Cyrillic and replaced it with Latin, and everything is readable.
    Thanks!