MDaemon Connector v8 Features Info | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

MDaemon Connector v8 Features Info

• Happy Holidays everyone

I'm having troubles making Outlook Rules working with Connector accounts. Namely, they don't seem to be triggered by incoming messages, but if I run the rule(s) manually they work no problem. Tried searching the Net and one of the first hits was Connector Beta release notes page.
    These 3 items drew my attention in particular
        [25715] Save Outlook rules to the MDaemon server and restore it to Outlook for new and existing Outlook profile. Requires MDaemon 23.5.0 or newer.
        [25840] Save Outlook categories to the MDaemon server and restore it to Outlook for new and existing Outlook profile. Requires MDaemon 23.5.0 or newer.
        [23757] Save Auto-Complete List to the MDaemon server and restore it to Outlook for new and existing Outlook profile. Requires MDaemon 23.5.0 or newer.
    We are running MDaemon v23.5.1 and I installed Connector 8.0.0b on my computer to test these things. But besides Configuration Sync tab in Connector configuration window, with 3 sync items server -> Outlook (btw whichever I select Sync button stays greyed out) I havent been able to find anything else. 
    Is it possible to get any more info about Connector 8? Namely, where is all this user info (Outlook rules / categories /auto-complete list) stored server-side and how, what are the Outlook -> MDaemon sync rules, is it possible to edit that info from MDaemon or directly somehow (text edit for example, if they are stored in appropriate format), can they be push back to users and so on.

Thank you

• @Aleksandar Is the same issue happening with IMAP accounts?  Is the MDaemon Connector account the only account configured in the profile or are there multiple accounts configured in a single Outlook profile?

Where the rules working correctly at some point and suddenly stopped?  Such as after a Windows or Office/Outlook update?  Or are these rules new? 

Where the rules exported from another Outlook client and Imported in this client or were they created manually?

Is the "Upgrade Now" button available in the Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts > Options menu?

Is the issue only occurring for this specific account? Meaning if you have an extra MDaemon account to use a test account, setup the MD Connector profile and generate a rule to verify if the issue is account or client based. 

If you have access to other versions/bit versions of Outlook, are you seeing the issue with the rules happening on different versions?  For example, using Outlook 2019 64-bit and MDaemon Connector 7.0.7, I configured a simple rule to route messages from a specifc sender to sub-folder. Messages from the specified sender were processed into the sub-folder as they arrived to the Outlook Inbox without having to manually run rules.  

I would also check the Add-ins. Do you have any Outlook Plug-ins enabled other than the MDaemon Connector?  Select File > Options > Add-ins and click the Go... button next to Manage: COM Add-ins to verify.  You can also view active/inactive add-ins in the MDaemon Connector report.  Select the MDaemon Connector plug-in button, click About, click the Report button and scroll down to the "Add-Ins count" section. 

Try disabling all plug-ins except the MDaemon Connector Add-in, restart Outlook, verify all Add-ins are still disabled, and see if your rules begin to process.  

Commenting on beta versions would be premature at this point as revisions are not yet final. Features and settings may change on the public release.  If you're a member of MDaemon's Beta group, please contact the MDaemon Connector beta group to follow along with its development.  Information in release notes, knowledge base articles, and/or videos will be available after the public release. 

https://mdaemon.com/pages/beta-program

• Hello @Tyler 

>Is the same issue happening with IMAP accounts?
    We have pretty much Connector-only environment. There are couple of IMAP users, but with non-Outlook email clients

>Where the rules working correctly at some point and suddenly stopped?
    No, rule are new. But I (kind of) remember trying to use Outlook rules couple of years back with similar results and after failing to get them work properly I've switched to IMAP filters in MDaemon. 

>Where the rules exported from another Outlook client and Imported in this client or were they created manually?
    No. Created from scratch in this particular Outlook.

>Is the "Upgrade Now" button available in the Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts > Options menu?
    No. Greyed out.

>Is the issue only occurring for this specific account? 
    No, I'm using 3 (Connector) accounts, it is happening in all of them. All 3 accounts are in the same Outlook though (1 personal and 2 admin accounts)  

>If you have access to other versions/bit versions of Outlook...
    As I've mentioned above, I tried this couple of years back (with Outlook 2013 and Connector v5 or v6, don't remember exactly), because in pre-Connector times I've used Outlook rules quite a lot. Had a couple of users who also relied heavilly on the Rules and gave them up (but I don't know why, actually. Could be something non-related, this was never reported to me as an issue).
    I am using Outlook 2019 now and until yesterday, couple of hours before posting in the Forum, with Connector v7.0.7, 64-bit. Rules were setup couple of days ago.

>I configured a simple rule to route messages from a specifc sender to sub-folder.
    After some more testing last couple of days, 3 test rules, simple deleting messages based on sender/subject I've noticed that if messages arrive while Outlook is not up (working), upon Outlook start, messages are never processed. When I start Outlook, wait minute or 5 minutes or 10, messages which should be affected by the rules remain in Inbox. If I run the rules manually, messages are deleted.
    If Outlook is already openned when messages meeting the rule criterias arrive, rules seem to work in let's say 90% of the time. For the remaining 10% I cannot figure out why they are not processed.  

>I would also check the Add-ins.

Or, from the Report
    Add-Ins count : 8
    01 Add-In GUID :{EFEF7FDB-0CED-4FB6-B3BB-3C50D39F4120} Status: ACTIVE   Description : Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in
    02 Add-In GUID :{6E4D2D00-9CC0-4B4A-B6FF-25D1135C33FF} Status: ACTIVE   Description : MDaemon Connector
    03 Add-In GUID :{799ED9EA-FB5E-11D1-B7D6-00C04FC2AAE2} Status: ACTIVE   Description : Microsoft VBA for Outlook Addin
    04 Add-In GUID :{93E5752E-B889-47C5-8545-654EE2533C64} Status: ACTIVE   Description : OneNote Notes about Outlook Items
    05 Add-In GUID :{2163EB1F-3FD9-4212-A41F-81D1F933597F} Status: ACTIVE   Description : Outlook Social Connector 2016
    06 Add-In GUID :{47D635E3-9D14-40C9-A28C-64C2AA7AF647} Status: ACTIVE   Description : Symantec Endpoint Protection Outlook Add in
    07 Add-In GUID :{2D702E20-B8A1-4C0B-A218-32223CE86EA1} Status: inactive Description : TeamViewer Meeting Add-In
    08 Add-In GUID :{F959DBBB-3867-41F2-8E5F-3B8BEFAA81B3} Status: ACTIVE   Description : Microsoft Exchange Add-in

>Try disabling all plug-ins except the MDaemon Connector Add-in, restart Outlook, verify all Add-ins are still disabled, and see if your rules begin to process.
    Tried disabling Symantec add-in only first, then the all together (without Connector, of course). No difference.

>Commenting on beta versions would be premature at this point as revisions are not yet final.
    Understood. Just thought you might have something already
    In the meantime I've found MSG file in User_Mail_Storage\MDConfiguration.IMAP, in winmail.dat format, but wasn't able to extract anything making any sense to me from it.

Thank you

• @Aleksandar 

>No, I'm using 3 (Connector) accounts, it is happening in all of them. All 3 accounts are in the same Outlook though (1 personal and 2 admin accounts)  

Thanks.  This is a known issue.  Do you see the rule working automatically with the first configured MDaemon Connector account? 

With multiple IMAP accounts in a single profile, you can select which account to apply the rule to.

This isn't available to MDaemon Connector accounts at this time.

In my testing with multiple MD Connector accounts in a single Outlook profile, my rules would only automatically run for the first account configured.  This was the known issue reported to our developers.  I will update the report to include your support for a resolution in a future version of MDaemon Connector.  The work around here would be to create IMAP filters in Webmail, the GUI, or Remote Administration and let MDaemon handle the rules until this can be addressed. 

• Yes @Tyler, now that you mentioned it, rules are bundled together for all 3 Connector accounts. I have one more accounnt, personal IMAP GMail, which is a separate item in "Apply changes to this folder" drop-down list.
    And yes, I haven't noticed left behind messages for the first of those 3 accounts, but as luck would have it, majority of the messages I wanted handled by these rules come through other 2 (admin) accounts.
    So, we will have to wait for this to be resolved and let IMAP Filters handle the rules.
    Thanks again Tyler
    Best regards