IP internal block | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

IP internal block

• Hi, i need an information about IP's block

Today, for the first time, my MDaemon server keeps blocking the access from the internal lan after entering the password incorrectly several times

If I add the internal lan in the whitelist it works but normally the internal lan was not blocked after some wrong logins

Thnaks for help

Federico

• By default, internally IP addresses should be on the dynamic screening whitelist.  If they are not on your dynamic screening whitelist, I would suggest adding them so that local connections can be excluded from dynamic screening.

• Hi Arron, many thanks for the answer but for you which is the cause of this problem? the client that use MDaemon webmail are all windows 7, it is the possible cause? is the first time in many years that MDaemon server block internal lan

many thanks

Federico

• It is occurring because your local IP addresses are no longer in the dynamic screening white list.  As I said, they shoud be there by default.  Depending on the version of MDaemon being used and how the entries were removed, you may be able to find some clues in the dynamic screening log file.

• Many thanks Arron, but is possibile that the entries about internal lan was automatically removed or changed?

asap i will check the dynamic screening log file

thanks

Federico

• The entries should not be automatically removed, but anything is possible.  Hopefully we learn more from the dynamic screening log.