MD AV File Type Exclusions | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

MD AV File Type Exclusions

• It is working now.
    4 quick tests, identical to those from ProcMon logs, everything seems to be OK.
    Thank you very much Arron

• Great, I'm glad its working now! 

We will include the changes in the next version of MDaemon.

• Hello @Arron 

As this was the original purpose of this thread, I've just made couple of tests with these !"#$%&@ XLSMs.
    First reverted scanserver.json/clamd.conf to scan macro enabled documents.
    I can confirm that both solutions, which do not call for total macro enabled files AV exclusion, work (Trusted IPs / password protected files).

As excluding individual IP address would mean not only letting these XLSMs through unscanned, but everything else as well, I will propose password protecting these files and only use Trusted IPs as a last resort

We have an item on our wishlist to allow more flexibility for the AV exclusions.  It will be considered for future versions.

Great. As this is pretty much take it or leave it proposition now (either host/IP address is totally exempt from AV scan or not) I'm very much looking forward to any kind of flexibility in this regard. If I may suggest, it looks to me that something like what is already in place for "Password Protected File Exclusions" would do a great job (complete file type exclusion and/or sender&file type and/or recipient&file type exclusions)

Again, thank you very much
    Best regards
    Aleksandar

• Thank you for your feedback!

• 2 / 2