Connector 7.0.7 Can't Contact Server Unless Its On The Office VPN | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Connector 7.0.7 Can't Contact Server Unless Its On The Office VPN

• We have a couple users who have suddenly had their Connector (one 32-bit, one 64-bit -- most of my testing has been done on the 32-bit machine) on Outlook say, upon startup outside the office, say it couldn't contact the server, retry or work offline. Retry just repeats the message. Starting the VPN to the office allows Connector to successfully make contact. Everything was working fine before. Nothing seems to have changed on the two machines. Coming into the office works, as well. I checked that the DNS at the remote location returns the correct IP.

I tried installing connector over itself. Uninstalling and re-installing, Deleting the Outlook profile and re-creating. All with the same result.

Any thoughts?

Dave

• Since the VPN makes it work it probably isn't a server firewall. But maybe the edge firewall is blocking. Check that the open firewall ports match what you have in the MDaemon server settings.

• I will do that... but I find it odd that only two out of >30 users are experiencing an issue, and both were working, then oddly seemed to start having issues around the same time. The two laptops are nothing alike, either, although both running Windows 11.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Dave

• You're right. I wonder if a Win11 update broke IMAP? To test, could you create another profile on one of those Win11 computers with a plain old IMAP connection, NOT the MD Connector, just to see if the IMAP at least connects?

• Try having the user telnet to the correct IP and port when MDaemon Connector cannot connect.  From a command prompt "telnet $IP $PORT" where $IP is the public IP address of your MDaemon server, and $PORT is the port the MDaemon Connector is using for IMAP or SMTP.  You may have to install the Windows telnet client on the machine.

I'd also suggest checking the MDaemon logs for errors.  Check to make sure the account is allowed to connect from outside the LAN.  (Accounts / Edit Account / Select the Account / Mail Services)

Also, check to make sure Dynamic screening has not blocked the public IP address of the client machines.

• Ok, will do. I'll get all that checked out as soon as I can.

Thanks, all!

Dave