SecurityGateway crashing frequently | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

SecurityGateway crashing frequently

• This started out of the blue in the past 18 or so hours:

Faulting application name: SecurityGateway.exe, version: 9.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x63dac767
    Faulting module name: aivse000.dll, version: 6.5.2.2, time stamp: 0x62013d5a
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000006c30
    Faulting process id: 0x5998
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d96d800aa5d26e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\MDaemon Technologies\SecurityGateway\App\SecurityGateway.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\MDaemon Technologies\SecurityGateway\Plugins\ctav\aivse000.dll
    Report Id: e814940f-f190-456a-b1fe-c819247fc993
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I note that aivse000.dll is a Cyren module and wonder if this is because of the Cyren shutdown?

• @Bill 

Are you able to restart the service?  Or does the service stop when you try to restart?  I had ran into a simlar issue that I'm currently investigating.  This appears to involve the CyrenAV engine, which will be replaced in future versions as Cyren is ceasing operations.  

If you're not able to restart the service, follow these steps to manually disable CTAV.  Open a Command Prompt and navigate to the \SecurityGateway\App folder.  Open notepad and paste in the following string; update settings set settings.val='NO' where NAME='EnableCTAV' and save this as ctav.txt in the \SecurityGateway\App folder.  In the command prompt enter sgdbtool execute ctav.txt and press enter.  This will manually disable the CyrenAV engine.  Next start the SG service.  With CyrenAV disabled, please be sure that ClamAV is enabled to not leave your server unprotected. 

If you're still having issues, please contact us for support. 

https://mdaemon.com/pages/contact-us

• It crashed earlier and was down for several hours before I realized it.  I set the Windows service to restart after crash and it has been doing so. 

I actually disabled Cyren after posting here to see if it works stop the crashes.  We will see.  

• I confirm same problem here SG crash every 5 at 10 mn

• Thank bill for the info it seem to work better without cyren

• @Tyler thank tyler for the tip. It seem to work fine now

• The issue appears to have originated from a bad virus definition. The latest virus definition has resolved the problem. 

If anyone is still having issues after updating the virus defintions, please feel free to contact us for support.

• @Tyler Your fix works like a charm. Txs a lot